Here is a summary of what I have gleaned from various studies as some of the most important steps to take in building a robust and strong immune system:
1. Probiotics are vital for a strong immune system. I have found that raw probiotics are far more effective than the kind you buy off the shelf that are not live. In most health food stores you can find a refrigerated section of probiotics. You want one that has numerous strains and are in the billions. I like Garden of Life.
If you just completed a round of antibiotics or you have been a frequent user of antibiotics, I would recommend that you do something intense for a short period to repopulate your gut with good bacteria as fast as possible to avoid an overgrowth of bad bacteria. Something like Garden of Life Raw Probiotics 5-Day Max Care. After that you should go onto a regular daily dose that you always take just like daily vitamins.
Even better, you can make your own kefir using raw goat or cow’s milk. The strains of good bacteria that you get from this are in the trillions with as many as 30 different strains. There are numerous videos on YouTube that show you how to make it. It’s quite easy and very healthy to drink a glass of it each morning. It’s one of the best things you can do to build a strong immune system. Here is a website with more information: https://www.naturehaditfirst.com/products/health-wellness/kefir-grains/ There is also a website that will help you find where you can get raw milk – www.realmilk.com
2. Decrease toxic load into your body – that means no smoking, no pollution, no toxic chemicals ingested, inhaled or absorbed through your skin (cleaning agents, hair dye, etc.).
3. Cut out all junk food, sugar, processed foods. Eat organic produce, meats, etc. Minimally follow the points laid out in my book entitled “HealthKick, Extraordinarily Easy Healthy Living Hacks for Ordinary People”.
4. Drink a lot of water daily as well as green tea. Green tea (Camellia sinensis) has been considered a medicinal remedy in Chinese tradition for over 4000 years and its many health benefits have recently been validated by scientific methods. Green tea contains a group of flavonoids which appear to inhibit viral infections.
5. Get good sleep.
6. Testing for environmental and food allergies and sensitivities can also help. Allergies and sensitivities can overwork the immune system and weaken it.
Building a strong immune system can have many health benefits including getting sick less, keeping viruses at bay, improved digestion and even improved energy levels.