- Most doctors don’t know much about these illnesses and thus are not good at diagnosing them correctly and are very rarely equipped to treat them properly.
- The underlying causes of these illnesses are mostly unknown.
- The current conventional treatments consist of prescribing one or more of several medications that are really just combinations of pain-killers, nerve and muscle relaxants and antidepressants. These only serve to mask the symptoms but won’t fix the problem. If that’s all you do, it means you will be taking an ever-increasing amount of these for the rest of your life. And these drugs don’t come without their side effects and complications.
- The marketing and promotion of these drugs as well as many other “treatments” give false and misleading information about what is causing your pain. They are construed to sell you something and make a profit rather than to improve your condition.
- You can waste tons of your time and hard earned money getting tests that show nothing, seeing doctors that don’t help, reading books that don’t provide solutions, following protocols that don’t cure you and taking drugs or supplements that don’t improve your condition.
One thing that definitely helps is to have an advocate who has been through it all to help direct you to the best resources and information that can help you to actually recover – recover your health and recover your life.
I spent more than 15 years dedicatedly working on how to deal with my pain and other debilitating symptoms and recover my health. I have traveled thousands of miles to clinics and seen specialists that treat these chronic illnesses. I’ve followed numerous treatment protocols. I’ve taken every imaginable supplement and many different drugs. I’ve read pretty much every book I could find on the subject. Among the vast amounts of over-hyped promotion I was able to find little gems and pearls of wisdom that were very helpful.
Chronic Illnesses have become a multi-billion dollar a year industry. I am all for capitalism in many respects, except for when it comes to capitalizing on those who are suffering and are desperate for a solution, who are then abused with misleading marketing and false promotion.
Those who stand to profit the most are large pharmaceutical companies coming out with new drugs to treat these conditions – drugs that often cause more side effects than they do good. Most of these drug companies spend 3 to 4 times more to advertise and market their drugs than they invest into research. And the research that is done is not for actual cures, it’s research on how to make a better cocktail of drugs to mask the symptoms.
Then they come out with fancy ads that say “Fibromyalgia comes from over-active nerves” and that “Lyrica can help” …
But drug companies aren’t the only ones profiting on our pain. I can’t tell you the number of supplements I’ve taken, books I’ve read, clinics I’ve been to and treatment protocols I have tried – all with great hope – that did absolutely nothing or very little to help.
We dole out money for these “solutions” that are going to “fix the problem” because we are desperate to keep going at work or to support and take care of our families or to keep our lives going – only to be betrayed far more often than not.
I’ve been through so much of this myself. I’ve spent a lot of time and money. I want to help you navigate your way to health. There are solutions out there. There might not be one magic pill or a one-shot cure. But I have found very specific things that help, that make things better. And enough things making it better adds up to feeling a LOT better.
I am healthy and happy today. I am in a good place. I sleep well, I work, I cook and clean and I am living a good life. It isn’t perfect. Sometimes I have rough days. But I never expected perfect. I expected to get my life back. And that I did. And now I am doing all I can to help you get yours back too.
I think that particularly people who are suffering, people who are in pain, shouldn’t have to spend years and ungodly amounts of money to feel better. But that seems to be the deal here.
I am not a doctor or a specialist. I am simply someone who has suffered from Chronic Illness for over 15 years. I have been diligent in my work to recover from these debilitating syndromes. I was determined to get my life back and I have.
My book and the Fibromyalgiafree.com website contain summarized information from the research and various trials I have done. My intention is to help others who have been experiencing the many horrible symptoms of these and similar syndromes and to hopefully make it possible for you to recover your happy, healthy lives too. If I can connect you to resources that will aid in or help speed your recovery, I will have achieved my goal.
I feel for you. I know what you are going through. And I know how disheartening it can be to be given a wrong diagnosis or wrong treatment that not only doesn’t resolve the problem, but often makes matters worse. I know what it’s like to be told there is nothing wrong with you or that it’s all in your head. I also know what it’s like to be betrayed by false and misleading information and “treatments”.
I sincerely hope that this website and my books will allow many to simply walk their own path out of the emotional darkness that chronic illness can bring and help them to return to a healthy and happy life.
For much more information about Fibromyalgia, please visit my website https://fibromyalgiafree.com/
Coming soon is another book, entitled Overcoming Chronic Illness.